The Pet Rescue Center's main goal is to save cats and dogs from imminent death at local animal shelters. Space permitting, we do have an owner relinquishment program for pet owners that are no longer able to provide proper shelter and care for their pet due to a number of unforeseen circumstances. .
The Pet Rescue Center's relinquishment program requires a minimum donation of $300. We charge a fee to cover the costs for food, boarding, medical care, and any other necessary commitments in order to assure adoption for your animal.
The Pet Rescue Center would love to save every dog or cat, but due to space and financial constraints, we do have a limit to our acceptance.
The Pet Rescue Center has a small list of conditions to be met before we can accept any animal:
1. Owner must have completed a relinquishment application.
2. A minimum of 1 year worth of veterinary records must be supplied and looked over by The PRC. In the case of the animal being one year old or younger, appropriate records for the animal will apply.
You will be contacted if we will consider your pet for relinquishment and an appointment to proceed to the exam will be made.
3. The pet must be brought to The Pet Rescue Center, located inside Alicia Pet Care Center, for a free exam by one of our veterinarians. Acceptance for our relinquishment program will be determined by the examining veterinarian.
4. Owner will be required to pay/donate a set relinquishment fee of $300.00 minimum.
5. In the event that the owner decides he/she no longer wishes to relinquish the animal to The Pet Rescue Center, he/she will have 48 hours to return and retrieve the animal. Within the 48 hours, the owner should expect to receive only 50% of the relinquishment fee as a refund. In the event that the owner decides that he/she no longer wishes to relinquish the animal and it has been past the 48 hour time period, he/she must fill out an application for adoption and go through the approval process that includes paying all necessary adoption fees as listed by The Pet Rescue Center.
If you are interested in applying you can download an application here:
PET RELINQUISHMENT APPLICATION - pdf download