UNDER 18 & want to participate?
We have plenty of opportunities for youth to get involved in helping The Pet Rescue Center:
- Collect Gently Used Items off our Wish List
- Make Blankets and Pillows for our animals to cozy up to while waiting to find their forever homes.
- Set Up a Lemonade or Cookie Stand on your street to give out info about our cause and raise money to donate to our cause.
- Bake for our Bake sales
- Aspiring Photographers (click to read more about volunteering to photograph our rescues)
Our NEW Youth Education Program
• Tours of The Pet Rescue Center & Lecture for Students •
The Pet Rescue Ceneter is pleased to provide an Education Program for Schools and Community Organizations. We have created a program aimed at educating youth (grades K-8) about Rescue, Rehabilitation, and Rehoming Dogs and Cats rescued from the shelter system, and temporarilty housed at The Pet Rescue Center. We also teach the importance of proper pet care.
• • • • • • • •
• • • • • • • •
Why can't Youth Volunteers work directly with our Rescue pets without Adult Supervision?
The Pet Rescue Center is a non-profit organization run mainly by volunteers. Volunteers are not considered employees and thus are not covered by our insurance or under our workers comp. We have tried to work with our insurance in an effort to allow our Youth Volunteers to be able to walk and play with our rescue pets. It is always unknown as to the behavior of animals that we rescue many times from stray or abusive circumstances. It takes time to assess the risks and behaviors of animals and due to their unpredictable nature we are unable to have Youth work directly with our animals without adult or guardian supervision.